POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Another, Pondering Sheep Image : Re: Another, Pondering Sheep Image Server Time
6 Aug 2024 21:38:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another, Pondering Sheep Image
From: Larry Hudson
Date: 7 Jun 2006 22:05:32
Message: <448785ec$1@news.povray.org>
Sven Littkowski wrote:
> "Jim Henderson" <nos### [at] nospamcom> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:pan### [at] nospamcom...
>
>>Shepherd, though I like yours better. <g>
>

> Shepherd, I see. Thanks! I like to learn the English language. Not that I am
> bad in it, but I always like to expand. I believe my "sheep master" sounds
> quite funny for English ears, ha ha!
>
> Best greetings,
>
> Sven

Here's a couple of things to expand with:  You have been using the word
hulk where you mean hull.  The hull means the "shell" of a ship or boat,
hulk implies it's ruined/deteriorated -- ready for scrap or salvage.  It
could also apply to a sunken ship.  Also you have been using descent
where you mean decent.  Decent (pronounded DEE-snt) is nice, proper,
pleasing.  Descent (pronounced de-SENT) is the act of descending or
going down.

I hope you take this as I mean it -- to be helpful not critical.  (Even
though I have already described myself as a curmudgeon.)   ;-)
I have great respect for multilingual people, which I am not -- I only
speak English.  Although I did study German in college, I never learned
it well enough to really use it.  And I even spent a year in Germany
while I was in the army (in '61-'62).  No hostilities at that time so
overall it was an enjoyable experience -- however, I was still too lazy
to make the effort to learn the language while I was there.  :-(

      -=- Larry -=-